For organizations struggling to compete for talent, background screening may seem like an unnecessary step in the recruitment process. In fact, 38% of companies are not screening for every position. Yet, background screening is a critical part of any talent acquisition strategy and helps companies improve quality and efficiency. According to Aptitude Research’s latest talent acquisition study, companies that leverage background screening were:
• Two times more likely to improve time to fill;
• Three times more likely to improve quality of hire and;
• Two times more likely to improve hiring manager satisfaction.
Background screening is not a hindrance to talent acquisition. It is a strategic advantage. But, in order to see the value, companies need to make sure that they are using screening consistently with the right provider. On January 29, I will be sharing some of our latest research on background screening and its impact on talent acquisition initiatives. Below are some of the topics we will cover:
• Building the Business Case for Background Screening: Over 80% of companies are using background screening solutions, but many companies still struggle to articulate the value within their organizations. On the webcast, we will be discussing why background screening is important and how to communicate the value to key stakeholders in your organization.
• Using Data to Make Decisions: In our latest research, only 1 in 3 companies have the right data to make decisions around talent. As talent acquisition becomes more complex and companies increase the number of tools they are using, it is important to rely on solutions and data that you can trust. We will discuss how backgrounds screening can help you save time and better inform your decisions.
• Measuring the ROI of Your Investment: When selecting a screening provider, demonstrated ROI needs to be considered. We will look at how companies can think about the costs and benefits of a screening investment and when they should start seeing a payback on this investment.
• Selecting the Right Provider: With 1 in 3 companies looking to replace their background screening provider in the next year, selecting the right provider can be challenging. During this webinar we will discuss the ways that companies should evaluate providers by company, product and key differentiators.
With a shrinking talent pool and more competition for talent, it is easy to think that companies should move quickly when recruiting talent. Background screening can empower talent acquisition professionals with the right decisions to make more efficient decisions and improve quality. I hope you can join us on January 29, and if not, the webcast will be available on-demand until approximately May 1.
Thanks to SHRM and Verified First for hosting and sponsoring this webcast.